Selected Alpha-Stim® Research Studies and Articles
2. Study: On Fibromyalgia Treatment - Tyers, Steve and Smith, Ray B.
A comparison of cranial
electrotherapy stimulation alone or with chiropractic therapies in the
treatment of fibromyalgia. The American Chiropractor, 23(2):39-41,
3. Study: On Fibromyalgia Treatment -
Cork, Randall C., Wood, Patrick, Ming, Norbert, Shepherd, Clifton, Eddy,
James, Price, Larry.
effect of cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES) on pain associated with
fibromyalgia. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology. 2004; Volume
8, Number 2.
5. Study: On Spinal Cord Pain (VA Funded) - Tan, G., Rintala, D., Herrington, R., Yang, J., Wade, W., Vasilev, C. and Shanti, B.F. Treating spinal cord injury pain with cranial electrotherapy stimulation. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, 26(3), 2003.
6. Article: On Multiple Conditions, Including Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Fibromyalgia Syndrome - Kirsch, Daniel, L. and Smith R. Cranial electrotherapy stimulation for anxiety, depression, insomnia, cognitive dysfunction, and pain. In Bioelectromagnetic Medicine. Paul J. Rosch, Ed. Marcel Dekker, New York, Pp 727-740, 2004.
7. Article: On Multiple Conditions Including Migraine Headaches, Carpal Tunnel, Back Pain, Myofascial Pain, TMJ, and Hip/Leg/Foot Pain. Kirsch, Daniel L., A practical protocol for electromedical treatment of pain. Chapter 61 in Pain Management: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (the textbook of the American Academy of Pain Management) edited by Richard S. Weiner, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 2002.
8. Study: On Spinal Pain Treatment for Patients Awaiting Spinal Implants- Tomaszek, David E., and Morehead, Kenneth. The use of CES in reducing pain in spinal pain patients. 2001.
9. Study: On Multiple Condition Refractory Pain Patients - Kulkarni, Arun D., M.D. and Smith, Ray B. The use of microcurrent electrical therapy and cranial electrotherapy stimulation in pain control. Clinical Practice of Alternative Medicine. 2(2):99-102, 2001.
10. Article: Comparing Microcurrent Electrical Therapy to TENS Devices - Debock, Patrick. European perspective: a comparison between TENS and MET. Physical Therapy Products. September: 28-33, 2000.
11. Article: On CES in Multiple Chronic Cain Patients - Kirsch, Daniel L. and Smith, Ray B. The use of cranial electrotherapy stimulation in the management of chronic pain: a review. NeuroRehabilitation, 14(2):85-94, 2000.
12. Study: On Treatment of ACL Postoperative Pain Patients - Sizer P, Sawyer S, Brismee J, Jones K., Bruce J., Slauterbeck J., Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas, USA. The effect of microcurrent stimulation on postoperative pain after patellar tendon-bone anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Presented at the American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference and Exposition, Indianapolis, Indiana; June, 2000.
13. Animal Study: On Wound Healing - Frick, Ava. Microcurrent electrical therapy heals a recalcitrant wound in a horse. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science 25(11): 418-422, 2005. Presented at Western Veterinary Conference, Las Vegas, NV, February 24, 2005.
14. Study: On Interstitial Cystitis Pain Treatment - McClure, Mark W., and Morehead, Kenneth. A pilot study of the use of microcurrent stimulation in the treatment of interstitial cystitis. October, 1999
15. Study: On Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury and Full Body Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Alpher, Elliott J., et. al. Traumatic brain injury and full body reflex sympathetic dystrophy patient treated with cranial electrotherapy stimulation. American Journal of Pain Management, 8(4):124-128, 1998. Presented at the Ninth Annual Clinical Meeting of the American Academy of Pain Management, Atlanta, Georgia, September, 1998.
16. Study: Comparing EEG Readouts of Pain Patients Before and After Alpha-Stim Use - Heffernan, Michael. The effect of variable microcurrents on EEG spectrum and pain control. Canadian Journal of Clinical Medicine, 4(10):4-11, 1997.
17. Study: Compares EEG and Correlation Dimension Effects of Alpha-Stim Use - Heffernan, Michael. Comparative effects of microcurrent stimulation on EEG spectrum and correlation dimension. Integrative Physiological and Behavioral Science, 31(3):202-209, 1996.
18. Article: On Microcurrent Treatment in Medical Practices - Mercola, Joseph M. and Kirsch, Daniel L. The basis for microcurrent electrical therapy in conventional medical practice. Journal of Advancement in Medicine, 8(2):107-120, 1995.
19. Study: On Tissue Repair in Irradiated Patients- King, GE, et al. Electrotherapy and hyperbaric oxygen: promising treatments for postradiation complications. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 62(3):331-334, 1989. Also published in the book, Emerging Electromagnetic Medicine, 283-289, edited by ME O'Conner, RHC Bentall and JC Monahan, Springer Verlag, New York, 1990.
20. Study: On CES and Biofeedback Treatment of Migraine Headaches - Brotman, Philip. Low-intensity transcranial electrostimulation improves the efficacy of thermal biofeedback and quieting reflex training in the treatment of classical migraine headache. American Journal of Electromedicine, 6(5):120-123, 1989. Doctoral dissertation, City University Los Angeles, 117 pages, 1986.
21. Study: On Microcurrent and Biofeedback Therapy in Low Back Pain Patients- Zimmerman, Stephen I, et. al. Biofeedback and electromedicine reduce the cycle of pain spasm pain in low back patients. Medical Electronics, 117:108-120, June 1989. Doctoral dissertation (SZ), City University Los Angeles, 284 pages, 1987.
22. Study: On Treatment of Xerostomia with Alpha-Stim - Boswell, NS. Neuroelectric therapy eliminates xerostomia during radiotherapy - A case history. Medical Electronics, 115:105-107, February, 1989.
23. Study: On Treatment of Tinnitis - Engelberg, M, et. al. Transcutaneous electrical stimulation for tinnitus. Laryngoscope, 95(10):1,167-1,173, 1985. Presented at the Meeting of the Southern Section of the American Laryngological, Rhinological and Otological Society, New Orleans, Louisiana, January, 1985.
24. Animal Study: On Orthodontic Movement of Teeth - Nolan, FF. The effects of transcutaneous electrical stimulation on the orthodontic movement of teeth. Masters thesis, The University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, 49 pages, 1985.
25. Study: On Treatment of Radiotherapy Side Effects - Boswell, NS, et. al. Noninvasive electrical stimulation for the treatment of radiotherapy side effects. American Journal of Electromedicine, 2(3), 1985. Presented at the International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, Baltimore, Maryland, July, 1984.
26. Study: On Pain Treatment Associated with Orthodontic Teeth Movement - Roth, Peter M, et. al. Effect of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation for controlling pain associated with orthodontic tooth movement. American Journal of Orthodontics, 90(2):132-138, 1986.
27. Study: On Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer Pain Patients - Bauer, William. Electrical treatment of severe head and neck cancer pain. Archives of Otolaryngology, 109(6):382-383, 1983.
28. Article: On Neuroelectric Medicine - Bauer, William. Neuroelectric Medicine. Journal of Bioelectricity, 2(2&3):159-180, 1983.
29. Study: On Chronic Back Pain - Lerner, Fred N, et. al. A doubleblind comparative study of microstimulation and placebo effect in short term treatment of the chronic back pain patient. Journal of the American Chiropractic Association, 15(11):101-106, 1981.
Alpha-Stim® is manufactured by Electromedical Products International, Inc. (EPI).
Chronic Pain Relief Now.Com and Moeller Medical, LLC are not
associated with EPI except to the extent of acting distributors of the
Alpha-Stim® device. The Alpha-Stim® name and the
Alpha-Stim® logo are
trademarks of EPI.